Positive Coaching Award Nomination Information
The CB Cares Positive Coaching Award will be given to one coach annually who represents the objectives of the CB Cares Positive Coaching Award: A coach who exemplifies positive coaching, putting emphasis on the health and well being of the child, serving as a positive role model, and having a positive influence in the lives of young people. Specifically, the recipient will be recognized for teaching positive life lessons through sports, providing leadership, and promoting sportsmanship, fair play, motivation and respect.
The framework for CB Cares’ programs and initiatives is the 40 Developmental Assets, a research-based approach to cultivating the most important qualities which create caring, competent, and resilient individuals.
The recipient will be someone who promotes the development of the 40 Assets, specifically #:
3. OTHER ADULT RELATIONSHIPS – Young person receives support from three or more non-parent adults.
5. CARING SCHOOL CLIMATE -School (or youth organization) provides a caring, encouraging environment.
7. COMMUNITY VALUES YOUTH – Young person perceives that adults in the community value youth.
14. ADULT ROLE MODELS – Parent(s) and other adults model positive, responsible behavior.
18. YOUTH PROGRAMS – Young person spends 3 or more hours per week in sports, clubs or organizations at school and/or in the community.
30. RESPONSIBILITY – Young person accepts and takes personal responsibility.
33. INTERPERSONAL COMPETENCE – Young person has empathy, sensitivity, and friendship skills.
36. PEACEFUL CONFLICT RESOLUTION – Young person seeks to resolve conflict nonviolently.
37. PERSONAL POWER – Young person feels he or she has control over “things that happen to me.”
38. SELF-ESTEEM – Young person reports having a high self-esteem.
Coaches of athletes in grades K through 12, in the Central Bucks geographic area, who are currently coaching are eligible for the CB Cares Positive Coaching Award.
One individual (the Nominator) begins the nomination process by completing the CB Cares Positive Coaching Award Nomination. The Nominator provides a written testimonial about the Coach. In addition, a minimum of 2 but no more than four additional written testimonials need to be submitted to make the nomination complete. Each testimonial is limited to 500 words.
Anyone can nominate a coach and anyone can write a testimonial about a coach. Must include which 40 Assets the coach embodies/promotes.
The CB Cares Positive Coaching Award team of judges will review all timely and complete applications and present one award annually in May.
Award Nomination Process
Complete and submit the CB Cares Positive Coaching Award Nomination Form by April 30. Completed applications (Nomination Form along with Testimonials) should be delivered to:
CB Cares, 252 West Swamp Rd (Rt 313), Bailiwick Unit 5 Doylestown, PA 18901.
Anyone can nominate a coach. For additional information, contact CB Cares at 215-489-9120.
To be completed by Nominator and two to four others, limited to 500 words each.
Please write testimonials on separate sheets of paper.
Testimonials should describe how the coach exemplifies the objectives of the CB Cares Positive Coaching Award.
Specific examples and anecdotes are important.
To be considered, all material must include which 40 Assets the coach embodies/promotes.
Each testimonial should include:
- Coach name, home address/email or phone number
- Name of person writing testimonial, their phone number and email address
- Relationship to Coach
- Two to 4 testimonials on separate sheets
- Signature (required) and date
***** Also, pleases submit a recent photograph of the coach *****
Completed nominations should be returned to CB Cares, attention: Positive Coaching Award at
252 West Swamp Rd (Rt 313), Bailiwick Unit 5 Doylestown, PA 18901
Nominations are due by April 30.